The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
— Dr. Seuss
With the school holidays ahead, we thought we’d take the time to remind you why reading a book can be one of the best boredom-eliminating activities for children (and a welcome school-holiday sound-reducer for parents!). Here are some of the main reasons* why you should encourage your kids to read their way through the holidays:
- Reading exercises the brain
- Reading teaches children about the world around them
- Reading teaches vital literacy skills
- Reading develops imagination
- Reading is exciting and entertaining
With that in mind, here are our suggested holiday reads! Click on each image to learn more.
*Reference: Research source: Reading Psychology, http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02702711.2010.505165