Fans of The Book Thief will love this powerful and heartbreaking story of love kept alive during WWII.
This book will stay with you long after the final page is read.
This historical novel explores the complexity of war, and the fraught part played by ordinary people in it, and is an extremely moving, and yet subtle testimony to the power of words, and most of all, to the power of love.
Recommended for: Upper Secondary Students
- World War II, Hitler’s Germany and Nazism
- The Holocaust and Antisemitism
- Displaced People and Refugees
- Australia During and After World War II
- Friendship and Love Versus Hate
- Morality and Choice
Teachers’ Notes available HERE
Read James Moloney’s blog Post about writing this book